Friday 28 November 2008

Praying for friends at Trident

The praise for the staff at both the hotels Taj and Trident are well-deserved. They went about their duties amidst grave danger to their lives. This is completely believable.

Trident being my office marker hotel was my place of stay in many an official visit to Mumbai. I would invariably take the 7 pm flight from Kolkata and reach the hotel sometime around 1030 pm. It would be late for a lady to arrive at a hotel in any city but I was always assured that it would be a homecoming of sorts. I would be greeted by a cheery smile by Vincent who would then proceed to take my luggage to my room..most often in the 14th floor. Imran and Shazia would couteously check me in and Shazia would accompany me right into my room. This was the special care they take of single women travellers. It made me feel so safe and cherished.

Today after 48 hours of massacre I dont know whether my friends at Trident are alive. My prayers are with them. I only hope next time I go, I see their smiling faces all over again.

No comments: