Thursday 8 April 2010

A body of evidence

The past one week has been distracting. My trip to Ajmer and Lucknow were satisfying. I have prayed to my heart's content at the place I love and even visited Bada Imambara in Lucknow and said a few prayers. Something I have never done in Lucknow. Strangely I am gravitating towards spirituality at a rate, quicker than ever.

However, the entire trip was interspersed with sensational media reports of the Sania-Shoaib impending marriage and his first marriage to Ayesha or 'Maha Apa' who he referred initially to as elder sister.

In this chequered story of love, deceit and betrayal, my heart goes out to India's poster girl Sania who stood up for the truth and her man's integrity when all he did the next day was to own up marrying the poor fat girl and divorcing her all under the threat of arrest. The story dipped to its lowest when the girl produced incriminating evidence that the two had shared bodily fluids and her abortion. Gawd, how low can a man get? Such creeps should be recognised a mile away and warded off like dangerous insects.

It raises important questions about the man's integrity. He is supposed to be a national hero across the border having led the national cricket team for some time. But most of us today see him as a double faced villain. If I were Sania, I would run away as far as I could from this charlie.....

No comments: