Thursday 8 July 2010

Knowing your worth and moving on

If you love something
Set it free
If it comes back to you, it is yours
If it does not, it was never meant to be...

Simple words, but difficult to follow. Analyse these four lines and you come up with a different perspective. Your object of affection is not worth it, realise your own worth and move on, is a more brutal way of looking at issues that occupy matters of heart and soul.

We tend to cling to relationships. Even though we don't want to understand where we stand. We get taken lightly, not receive our due, are taken for granted but yet we carry on sweeping the dust under the carpet. We do it in the name of love, we leave our egoes behind, we lose our rationality, only to realise after it is too late and we hve done considerable damage to our psyche.

I have decided to now take charge of myself. Plan my future and be myself, not be a victim to whims and moods, market uncertainties and job pressures. Book project and consultancies seem high on the horizon. I have to keep reinventing possible futures to choose from. And I must do it without distractions....

So miles to go before I sleep?

No comments: